Did you know . . .
- There are more slaves in the world today than at any othe rpoint in human history. More than 27 million people are trapped in bondage.
- Human trafficking is the second largest criminal industry, exploiting men, women, and children against their will for manual and sexual labor.
- An estimated 100,000 children are victims of sex trafficking each year in the United States.
Moms and Guns has partnered with the A21 Campaign to help in saving children from human trafficking. 10% of all Moms & Guns’ class tuition goes to the A21 Campaign toward saving lives from human trafficking! Moms & Guns also teaches the A21 curriculum to young people’s groups to empower them to prevent human trafficking in their lives and the lives of their friends.
A21 partners with local law enforcement, service providers, and community members to meet a comprehensive set of needs for those rescued from bondage. We aim to strengthen every aspect of anti-trafficking efforts so together we can see injustice abolished. Read More
And YOU can take part helping us educate your communities’ children against being abducted and falling prey to human trafficking crimes.
How can you help in the fight against human trafficking?
- Call your local Jr. High and High School principals to sponsor a workshop in your area.
- Or host a workshop at your local church or community facility.
Have the contact person in charge call us at 636-791-0368 to discuss the details.
What does the workshop entail?
The name of the workshop is “Bodies Are Not Commodities” and provides five interactive sessions to motivate and engage the adolescent learner. It included a focus on the Common Core English Language Arts Strands (EIA) and Literacy in History/Social Studies standards, as well as integreated cross-curricular relevance within the subjects of history, citizenship, literacy, an critical thinking. There are also intersession extension opportunitites to hep further awareness and prevention. Bodies Are Not Commodities also includes Learning Labs that are desigend to provide students with an interactive, inquiry-based experience that offers the following opportunities: higher-order thinking skills authentic connectedness to the real world, substantive conversation skills, social support and dept of knowledge.
Bodies Are Not Commodities has been developed by the A21 Campaign organization in response to an overwhelming need for education about human trafficking among students. Its goals are to prevent human trafficking, protect students, and offer pathways of engagement to be a part of the solution to end slavery.
The workshop is conducted during two special classroom segments for 5 consecutive days. The Student Guides, video presentation and interactive labs help students develop awareness and prevention skills toward saving families..
Human Trafficking Workshop
Everytime we hear a story in the news about another child or teen going to the store/park/friends’ house and never returning home – just disappearing – my heart sinks wondering whether they left on their own or were they kidnapped? My heart sinks even further to think they might be facing what Natalia went through.
Who is the A21 Campaign?
A21 Campaign is working to save people from the devasting, criminal act of human trafficking. The A21 Campaign is a non-profit organization that exists to abolish injustice in the 21st centruty through a comprehensive system of preventative measures, victim protection, prosecution of violators and strategic partnerships.
Human trafficking is the illegal trade of human beings, mainly for the purposes of forced labor and sex trafficking. As the world’s fastest growing criminal industry, it affects every nation across the globe. Every thirty seconds, someone is forced into this type of bondage—modern slavery.
Roughly 27 million people, including innocent children, worldwide are victims of human trafficking. The International Labor Organization estimates that women and girls account for 55% of forced labor victims and 98% of sex traficking victims. Once put to work, trafficking victims can be forced to service from 40 to 110 customers in one day. Only 1-2% of victims are rescued. A21 focuses on prevention and awareness in Australia, USA, and the UK. Read More
A21’s Goals are 4-Fold?
1. Prevent people from being trafficked.
2. Protect and support those who have been trafficked.
3. Prosecute traffickers and strengthen legal responses to trafficking.
4. Partner with law enforcement, service providers, and community members to provide a comprehensive front against trafficking.
Moms and Guns Goals?
Moms and Guns already gives the A21 Campaign 10% of each student’s tuition cost to attend our Missouri Conceal Carry Class for Women. This is just one of the ways we’re helping to make a difference.
$21 per month assists with the following for victims of human slavery and sex trafficking:
- shelter at a safe house
- a welcome care package, bed, new pajamas and toiletries, and a makeover, if desired.
- well-balanced meals, medical and gynecology exams
- a social worker assigned to their case
- legal obligations such as court fees and expenses for representation Read More
Other Ways You Can Help!
There are several ways you can get involved.
- You can sponsor a student to our Conceal Carry Class for Women by giving to our Sponsorship Fund
- You can give a paid class as a present for a special occasion Certificates Available
- Write encouraging notes to the kids who have already been rescued through our website and we’ll send them in a care package directly to children in the safe houses through the A21 organization.
- Sponsor a workshop in your area!
Don’t miss this opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life. They will be ‘forever’ grateful! It’s wonderful deep down knowing you’ve given to a cause that helps save families in every direction.
Thank you for your kindness to help a woman learn to defend herself while simultaneously helping a child become free from human trafficking.