- NEVER have an unknown buyer come to your home. Arrange to meet the buyer during daylight hours in an open area in public. Busy parking lots work well.
- Following up on this, Craigslist is best for selling easily transportable items. If you have furniture or other large items, try to find another way to sell.
- As the seller, you set the price, time and place of the deal. Be suspicious of any buyer who wants you to come to him.
- Get the buyer’s cell phone number before agreeing to meet.
- Arrive early to close the transaction. If the buyer or buyers look suspicious or “just not right” in any way, leave immediately.
- Stay alert during the transaction and don’t engage in idle chit-chat. You show the item, ask to see the money. If the buyer wants to test the item (starting up a chainsaw, for instance) this is fine, but keep an eye out and stay alert.
- Once the goods and money have changed hands, say goodbye and leave.
- If you carry, keep it concealed. You do not want to freak out the buyer if he is not a CCW person.
These great tips are brought to you by our friends at Concealed Nation.
If you’re a buyer, you’ve got to know these tips for staying safe.[nextpagelink][/nextpagelink]