Welcome to Moms & Guns
Our mission is to help equip you and your children to defend yourselves safely, legally and confidently.
"The single most important thing in personal defense is to deal with the mindset that no one can prevent or rescue you from criminal acts. After consistent training and practice no one will protect you and your family like you."
Julia was presented with A Quilt of Honor by Jean Yager of the East Missouri Quilts of Honor
Julia A. Maki, first woman to serve the Navy as an Aviation Acoustic Warfare Systems Operator aboard P-C3 Orion during the 911 attacks.
Julia published her memoir this year and will be sharing funny stories and encouraging words for teens, young adults & military spouses. You’ll love her wit and humor that uplifts and touches the heart.
Julia also published her 4th children’s book this year that is beautifully illustrated with colorful images that will delight any child. Her books are available at Barnes & Noble.
Educate Kids Against Abduction
A new kind of slavery must be exposed and prevented.
1st American Rescued.
You and your children can do it together.
3 Challenges for Preparing Kids
for Home Emergencies
- What age is appropriate for introducing a family home defense plan?
- How do you organize what needs to be taught?
- How can you train children without scaring them?
It is our passion to help parents overcome these paralyzing concepts. In fact, we can help your family bond together and actually have fun while learning life-saving skills in the comfort of your own home. Don’t let another day pass by. Start empowering your children with confidence to overcome any situation.
Grab this easy step by step guide to training your kids in home and personal defense.
Online Defense Course for Women
7 Reasons to Take Our Online Class
- Not all defense courses are created equal. Our classes focus mainly on the unique needs of women.
- Our examples & discussions relate to the everyday issues of women at home, work and in the car.
- Women have specific body shapes and concealment needs not usually addressed in a co-ed classroom setting. We bring out the wardrobe and spur on the ideas.
- We can show the one element that will help you determine whether a handgun fits your hand naturally for more accurate shooting.
- 10% of each student’s tuition goes toward saving children from human trafficking.
- Ask about our LEO Wives & Ladies’ Veteran discount!
- Our curriculum is designed for diverse learning modes that engage our ladies in the student handbook exercises, interactive discussions, videos, power point presentation and more.
Help us get the word out to all our LEO WIVES!
Call to receive your special discount as our way of saying “Thank you” for your devoted service to our communities throughout Missouri.
This special discount applies to every LEO WIFE in every city and county in the United States and for every class offered at MomsAndGuns.com. Call for more details.
Missouri Constitutional Carry Law - Effective January 1, 2017
Read Bill that abolishes the requirement for a CCW permit in order to carry concealed: http://www.senate.mo.gov/16info/pdf-bill/tat/SB656.pdf
The gun law reform includes Constitutional carry, or a close variant there of. Some prefer that it be called permitless carry, as no permit is required to carry a firearm, openly or concealed. Permitless carry will go into effect on 1 January, 2017. The basic reforms in the law are these; From the NRA-ILA:
- Recognize Missourians right to Constitutional/Permitless Carry where open carry is not prohibited
- Expand Missouri’s current Stand your Ground laws
- Expand Castle Doctrine protections for anyone legally allowed into your home, vehicle, business and property
- Specify that except for credit card fees incurred, no additional fee beyond $100 may be charged to process concealed carry permits and allows military members extra time to renew their permits – (Note by M&G: until January 1, 2017)
- Implement 10, 20 and 50 year options for non-reciprocity issued permits
- Allow components of firearm training for RTC permits to be online
What about needing a permit to travel into states surrounding Missouri. Please do your own research but this is what I’ve found so far:
1. You’ll need a CCW permit to carry in Iowa and Tennessee (red).
2. No permit necessary for Missourians to carry in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Kansas (green).
3. No permit necessary to carry openly in Kentucky (blue).
4. No permit necessary to carry openly in Nebraska – except a permit is necessary in Omaha (pink).
5. Illinois does not recognize the Missouri CCW permit and does not allow carry without a permit (black).